WEST BANK, November 18 – The Israeli occupation authorities on Tuesday knocked down a number of Palestinian structures and issued demolition notices against others in the occupied West Bank.
Human rights activist Aref Daraghmeh said that the Israeli occupation army razed a residential structure owned by Raddad Daraghmeh under the pretext of being built without a hard-to-obtain permit.
The same facility was destroyed by Israeli occupation forces less than a month ago, Daraghmeh pointed out.
Israeli army bulldozers razed a farm pond in Furush Beit Dajan village, east of Nablus, and confiscated a wooden hit in the northern Jordan Valley.
Tawfiq al-Haj Mohammed, the pond’s owner, said that Israeli occupation troops broke into Furush Beit Dajan village and destroyed his manmade pond that he used to irrigate crops.
The 300-cubic-metre pond was about 500 square metres, al-Haj Mohammed added.
The village, al-Haj Mohammed continued, suffers from severe water shortages as the Israeli occupation continues to deny its residents access to water resources and prohibit well drilling in the area.
Since 1967, the Israeli occupation has been seeking to take over and Judaise the Palestinian Jordan Valley, which lies on a huge water reservoir.
Had the Israeli occupation moved forward with its plan to annex large swathes of the occupied West Bank, 43 Palestinian villages, housing more than 110,000 people, mostly in the Jordan Valley, would be turned into enclosed enclaves isolated by the Israeli apartheid wall, according to Israeli media.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Israeli occupation army notified Palestinian citizens of its intent to demolish their homes in Yatta town south of Hebron.
Local official Fouad al-Amour said that Israeli occupation forces delivered demolition notices against a number of Palestinian houses in the hamlets of Tuwani, al-Rakiz, and Sarurah in eastern Yatta.
The Israeli occupation army also ordered the demolition of a health facility, belonging to Jamil Rabaa, under the pretext of unlicensed construction.